Monday, January 31, 2011

A Beautiful Mind [James Horner]

When it comes to music... real music... you know... the one you play when you're lying on your bed and enjoying a relaxed afternoon or a soft early morning... or a semi-alcoholized late evening... I choose soundtracks!

How many times have you seen a movie and asked yourself what it would be like if it didn't have a soundtrack?! Or maybe you wondered what it would be like if the book you're reading had one... I must say that I can't imagine myself watching a movie without music. Luckily music is all around us so I won't have to find out. :) And yes, the books with soundtracks really do sound great. For example, I've read J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings while listening to the soundtracks. I must admit it was a truly wonderful experience. Will repeat it sometime soon. Maybe with the Harry Potters.

I find it funny how music can evoke a scene or even a complete story. Guess it's the magic that music holds, that one thing that makes it so special. Someone once said: "Music is what feelings sound like." and I couldn't agree more. That's why soundtracks make an important part of each movie, they give it the 'heart' touch to it...



Today I opened my Spotify soundtracks playlist and found James Horner's Original Motion Picture Soundtrack from the movie A Beautiful Mind. As an easy monday afternoon, I decided to go for it and share with you one of my personal favorite soundtracks of all times. A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics is beautiful... strong... sensitive... intelligent... emotional... divine... It's a journey throughout history and time, mathematical universes and the intimate corners of our beautiful minds.

Please, do turn your lights off, lie on your beds and try to feel this one, because it really is worth of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment