Wednesday, December 8, 2010

There's music and then there's sound.

The more I listen to the music my Facebook buddies share, the more I stop opening the links they post. I believe that there's music, and that there's sound, and that mostly, nowadays, these two don't come together. On the mixed music paradise SoundCloud you can find many amateur tracks but also many professional djs sharing their ultimate electronic vibes. One of the tracks I run into today was the dance mix of the amazing georgian singer Katie Melua's track The Flood, originally produced by the great William Orbit. This mix was made by the japanese house producer Rokuro. This is just one of the examples how a mix can change the original song without making it sound like a bunch of separate sounds. Hope you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment